Monday, November 21, 2011

Daily Proverbs...

Recently, my Mom mentioned that as part of her daily Bible reading, she reads a chapter of Proverbs everyday, and that its easy to keep track of which chapter you're on because there are 31 chapters so you just read the chapter that corresponds with the date.  I thought this was a great idea and Matt & I decided to start this as well.  I love the book of Proverbs!  It contains so much wisdom and life lessons, but can be so humerous and descriptive at the same time!  It's especially nice to read right now, because we're also reading through Job and I gotta say after reading a chapter of what Job's downer friends say have to say, it's nice to read something less dreary.  (Although I do love Job also.  What an example!)

Here's a sample from today's reading.
Proverbs 21:19--

For some reason, my husband sure got a kick out of that verse! :)
It's both humerous and convicting!  I certainly don't want to be that contentious (tending to argument or strife; quarrelsome) or angry woman that makes my husband wish he was living out in the middle of nowhere just to get away from me!


I recommend you try reading a chapter of Proverbs a day, too.  Let me know what verse(s) strike you, and I plan to post more of my favorites in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment