Saturday, January 7, 2012

They Make Me Smile...

My kids entertain me.  Once in a while, they say the sweetest, cutest, or funniest thing.  Jade is constantly blowing us away by her questions and depth of understanding (especially when it comes to Biblical concepts that she seems too young to understand).  Layla is often funny, sometimes when she's trying to make us laugh and something when she isn't trying at all.  And Mason.  He may only be 6 months old, but he already knows how to fake cough when he wants attention.

This morning Layla told me she watched Boos Cues and Fancy Girl (aka Angelina Ballerina).  Later today, in the car, Layla and I were listening to "This Little Light of Mine."  When it got to the "Let it shine 'til Jesus comes..." part, she said, "That said Jesus is gonna come.  What's that mean?"  After I explained to her that one day Jesus is gonna come back and take those who love Him up to Heaven with him, she responded, "WHOA!" 

Does strawberry milk come from pink cows?
Jade, 5

Jade and I had this conversation the other day...
You look like you're shrinking, Mom.
What do you mean?
You're going back in.
You mean losing weight?
Yeah, maybe because you don't eat much candy or chocolate.
(Bless her heart:))
-Jade, 6

I am hoping Layla becomes more sympathetic as she gets older, but for now, she really thinks its funny when I fake cry.  (Yeah, I'm not that good, so she can definitely tell I'm faking)  One day the girls and I were teasing each other and Layla made a sarcastic remark to me and then asked, You gonna cryyyyyy, Mommy?
Layla, 2



I can't imagine where all their orneriness comes from...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment